AnsweredAssumed Answered

Misc hotel charges showing up on cc statement after final bill paid in full

Question asked by tjj123 on Apr 3, 2017
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2017 by tjj123

I'm curious - has anyone else had a hotel process their credit card that was used to reserve and pay for their stay - well after they had completed the check out process / received final invoice and had ample time to ensure room was left in satisfactory condition - for amounts that exceeded the final invoice amount.    I stayed at a hotel and checked out and received a copy of my final invoice.  My credit card was processed a day after I checked out for an amount that exceeded the checkout receipt.  I contacted the hotel and confirmed my final invoice receipt was correct.  I asked why my credit card was processed for add'l amount - staff was courteous but could not provide an explanation....nor could management.  My credit card was adjusted to reflect the appropriate final statement amount due.  It's been two weeks and I went online to check my credit card statement balance and payment processing status - in the pending charge section it showed a line item pending charge from the hotel.  I contacted the hotel and confirmed the final invoice amount - which matched the previous "processed and paid" line item charge on my credit card statement.  No explanation could be provided for this charge as well.  I also was informed by my credit card company that there was another "pending" amount that showed on their end but was not reflected on my online statement yet.  

Outcomes