Marriott Platinum members get guaranteed lounge access for themselves and one guest at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance, Delta Hotels, and Marriott hotels, during normal operations, excluding at resorts.
If there isn’t a lounge at the above hotels, Marriott Platinum members get the choice between breakfast in the restaurant or 750 points.
The following hotels are excluded, and instead automatically offer Marriott Platinum members 1,000 bonus points:
- Boston Marriott Copley Place
- Boston Marriott Long Wharf
- Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
- JW Marriott Washington, DC
- JW Marriott New Orleans
- JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square
- The Lexington New York City, Autograph Collection
- JW Marriott Essex House, New York City
- New York Marriott Marquis
- Renaissance New York Hotel 57
- Renaissance New York Times Square
- San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina
- The Algonquin Hotel Times Square, Autograph Collection
So while Marriott has almost 20 hotel brands, you only get complimentary breakfast as an elite member at five of them (in fairness, a few of the other brands offer all guests complimentary breakfast).
Hyatt and Starwood have pretty straightforward breakfast policies. As a top tier elite you will get breakfast at the hotel (with Hyatt it’s automatic, and with Starwood you have to choose it as your welcome amenity).