bejacob

Jennifer D. came through

Discussion created by bejacob on Feb 28, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 by bejacob

I want to recognize Jennifer D., Corporate Liaison for Mr. Marriott's office. She helped me navigate through a difficult situation involved with the delay of the Koloa Landing becoming an Autograph property. Just a week before my planned trip to Kauai, it looked as though my points reservation made back in August 2016 was in jeopardy of not being honored. The Koloa Landing was due to join the Marriott family in late February, but due to a few scheduling delays, the integration has been pushed back to mid-March, a week after my reservation would be over. Through a series of calls and emails I was able to make alternate plans, but those arrangements would cost me an additional $1000. I decided to bite the bullet and make the change rather than risk tje alternative.

A few days later, mere days before the trip, Jennifer called. She had worked out an option where I could reinstate my original booking and cancel the new one (despite the fact that the cancellation deadline had passed). Not only that, but the room at the Koloa Landing miraculously got upgraded from a standard room to a 2-bedroom villa, the same room type I had booked at the last minute at the alternate property, but without the extra $1000 cost.

I don't know what kind of magic Jennifer was able to perform, but if anyone deserves a Spirit to Serve award for going above and beyond, she does. Thank you Jennifer D. for everything you did to help make my Big 5-0 trip to Hawaii wonderful. Mr. Marriott is lucky to have you working for him.

Outcomes