AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott Gift Cards

Question asked by kikikeys12 on Jan 15, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 15, 2017 by andrewt

I recently was shopping on the Marriott site and wanted to use points to buy a Marriott mattress topper.  We have purchased a marriott bed, pillows, etc.  I was unable to buy the topper on the site, but there was a gift card tab.  I purchased $130 in gift cards to make the purchase which were to arrive in 24 to 48 hours.  I got an email 24 hours with a voucher , but only received a $30 gift card  Received an email yesterday with another voucher for $100 gift card but when I went to use it, it said it had $0 value.  I called Marriott rewards again for the 5th time, and the lady I spoke with said the best she could do was to put 20,000 points back in the account.   Only problem, the gift cards cost $32,500 so I lost 12,500  points.  What a rip off.  I will never use points again for anything not associated with a stay.  I am completely blown away that Marriott rewards will not make this right.  My husband is lifetime platinum and I platinum and have spend half the year in Marriotts.  Frustrated and over it.   This is not the Marriott I know and Love.

Outcomes