taxman193

Southwest Companion Pass rules change

Discussion created by taxman193 on Jan 17, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 by erc

Just a heads up and I apologize if this has been posted before. If you know anything about the Southwest Companion Pass and the value of using your Marriott points to purchase the vacation package with Southwest, you better hurry. Southwest changed their rules. At first they changed their rules to become effective immediately and points transferred from Marriott, or any loyalty rewards program would no longer qualify for the Companion Pass. They recently changed it to give just a small window of opportunity. You have until March 31, 2017 to transfer Marriott points and still qualify for the Southwest Companion Pass. I just saw this and immediately purchased a 7 night air and hotel package using my Marriott points so that 120,000 points were transferred to Southwest and obtained my Companion Pass. Southwest the March date is a hard date with no exceptions. So if you were thinking about it (it is the best use of your Marriott points). Better do it now !

https://live-millionmilesecrets.pantheonsite.io/2017/01/05/hotel-transfers-will-qualify-for-southwest-companion-pass-through-march-31-2017/

Outcomes