AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unhappy with Vacation Club Invite

Question asked by vt123 on Jan 3, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 3, 2017 by coupons

Has anyone been invited to attend the 90 minute sales presentation where they charge you $199 upon agreeing to attend in a place of your choosing but have that person also make promises that were not kept?  I agreed to do this only if they confirmed that 3-bedroom villas would be an option due to my family size.  I was promised that this would not be an issue and I would be able to have a 3-bedroom place to accommodate my family size so I agreed to the $199 charge.  But when I went to book the stay at one of the properties in Orlando (or I was open to anywhere that could provide a 3-bedroom place) I was told that they don't have any 3-bedroom places available.  I would have never agreed to this had I known that up front.  I even requested that they pull the recorded message of the person making the sales pitch to me so that they can see that I was not making this whole thing up, but "Julia" from Marriot at 1-800-782-5410, ext. 5681 said that they don't record all calls and that mine unfortunately was not recorded.  Well that is pretty convenient.  I definitely feel a bit of a bait-and-switch which seems very unlike Marriott to me.  My experience being a frequent guest at Marriott properties has always been good but this has left a very bad taste in my mouth.  When I explained that I expected a refund of the $199 due to being misinformed, Julia became nasty and said she could not do that.  I hope that this is not just a mechanism to get extra revenue but it sure seems like it.  I will not be attending the 90 minute sales pitch because I can't trust what they say now is accurate but I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Outcomes