eflo

Spirit to Serve Nomination

Discussion created by eflo on Dec 26, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2016 by shaunfromcolumbus.ohio

I recently stayed at the San Mateo, CA Residence Inn.  We usually spend a week for Christmas and New years with our parents.  This year, our mother is now in an assisted living facility and we now don't have a 'home' to share the normal Christmas traditions of the past.  We dragged our Christmas tree and ornaments with us and we were going to try and have a hotel holiday.    This was difficult for my wife and kids so I was trying to do as much as possible to make the season normal but special at the same time.

When we arrived to check in, I was helped by Alarica A. and later by Abby A.  Alarica was so incredibly understanding and help accommodate our needs with a level of professionalism that I don't experience often.  Later in the evening, Abby A also was so nice that my children even commented on how incredibly welcomed they felt.  When we got to our room, we found a box of cookies (for Santa) and a note from "our friends at the front desk" and from the front office manager Ryan Brown.  It was so touching, my children had tears in their eyes.

I am lifetime Gold and have been a Platinum for the last 6 years and I can tell you that these folks deserve to be recognized as Marriott's best.  Thank you to the team at the Residence Inn in San Mateo-after this week's stay, you are why I will continue to stay Marriott properties when I travel for either work or pleasure.

Outcomes