AnsweredAssumed Answered

Ritz Carlton Rewards Versus Marriott Rewards

Question asked by rle on Oct 28, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 30, 2016 by jsucool76

I have had the Marriott Rewards Visa for four years now and have been very happy with it and the perks it affords me through the Marriott world.  I recently noticed that the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Card has added several appealing perks including automatic Gold Status with an annual spend threshold and credits on stays.

- Does Gold Status from the Ritz Carlton card apply to all the Marriott-branded hotels (except the SPG ones so far) and vice-versa? 

- Since you can only be a member of either the Marriott Rewards Program OR the Ritz Carlton Rewards program, do I have to relinquish my current Marriott Rewards account to sign up for a Ritz Carlton account?  Or can I earn Ritz Carlton points as Marriott points?  Do they add to my lifetime status? 

- Do the Ritz-Carlton card perks apply at the Marriott brands? 

- When SPG officially merges with Marriott, will Ritz Carlton finally merge as well?  Or will they continue to operate semi-separately? 

I am just trying to figure out whether or not it is worthwhile to switch from the Marriott Rewards Visa to the Ritz Carlton Rewards Visa.  I just can't seem to figure out these questions through my own online Googling. 

Many thanks to anyone with input and/or advice. 

Outcomes