AnsweredAssumed Answered

Rewards Plus FAIL - Is Platinum Elite to United Silver figment of imagination?

Question asked by buzymom3 on Oct 26, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 by jerryl

A couple months ago, I received an email about the RewardsPlus status match between Marriott and United.  So I hit the 'Join' button and got a response that said "Congratulations 'my name' you have successfully signed up for Rewards Plus and will receive your United information in 7 to 10 days. "

So I went ahead booked a flight to Houston (which is TOMORROW).  I NEVER book United, but they had a fare of $59 so I grabbed it thinking that with Silver Status I would not have to pay a bag to check my luggage.  My D has a new job in Huntsville, TX, I have not seen her since July plus she wanted me to bring her Christmas decorations which did not fit when we moved her from Chicago.  I generally fly Southwest for the free luggage and convenience of Midway

After a couple weeks, I had not received anything and no status showed up on my UA profile, so I signed up again...and waited...signed up again....and waited.  Finally, last night I called the Platinum line explained everything and was transferred to Rewards...not sure why, but I explained everything all over again.  Agent was lovely, truly sweet and helpful.  Assured me I would hear from her before the night was over....{{crickets}}

And still I wait.  Ughhhhh.  I never would have booked UA with out the incentive of free luggage check and status.  I am so frustrated, I read old posts and see that this is a common problem  Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to avoid paying the dreaded luggage fee?

have to say that after 10 years of being PE this is the very first fail I have had.  Love Marriott, so I guess I cannot complain.

Outcomes