AnsweredAssumed Answered

Best most efficient way to report missing stay with the most success rate?

Question asked by halfwayaroundtheworld on Oct 13, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2016 by carat

I am new to Insider, so hello everyone!

I have a question and thought you all might be able to share your experience regarding this. So, from your experience, what is the fastest and most efficient way to get a missing stay added to your account? Missing stay form on the website? Chat? Platinum phone line?

I have to contact Marriott every other week if not every week becuase my stays are often not added to the account even after 10 days. Everytime I check in, I always make sure that I give the hotel my Marriott rewards member number. But yet, it is still happening a lot.  I have tried different routes of contacting them to report missing stays. I have done it through the website's missing stay form, with this sometimes I get a response, sometimes I don't. I have tried their chat feature. I have encountered some friendly representatives and some curt and not so friendly reps who seemed to feel that I was bothering them. Most of the time they say that they cant find my hotel bill, so they will have to contact hotel directly or I can email the bill to them, which I always do. Even then, there were some occasions when I didnt hear anything back and points still were not credited to my account.  When any of these didn't work, I called the gold/platinum phone line. Even then, I usually have to email the hotel bill yet again, even though their responses are faster  and usually friendlier, and they take care of it.  Does anybody else have this kind of problem? And so, from your experience, what is the best way of reporting missing stay? I find it odd that they cant find the hotel bills in their system. It is frustating when we have to spend so much time and effort just to have the points that we already earned credited to our account.  Thanks!

Outcomes