bejacob

Insider Gathering in Houston - Spirit to Serve

Discussion created by bejacob on Oct 4, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 by seatexan

It's hard to believe that its been a few weeks since a large group of Insiders descended on the JW Houston Downtown for a chance to meet and greet. Even more amazing is that none of us has (at least as far as I can tell) nominated anyone for a Spirit to Serve award. Let me rectify that immediately.

I wish to nominate communitymanagers for everything she did to help make the event so great. Here are just a handful of the things she did after she became involved in the event planning.

• Arranged an incredible "Insider" rate at the JW Houston Downtown which was about half the regular nightly rate.
  • Organized a fantastic cocktail reception complete with all the food and drink we could possible want
  • Convinced both Jasmine Huffman and MR head honcho, Thom Kozik, to attend along with her
  • Provided lovely gift bags for everyone in attendance
  • Brought along a professional photographer to capture the entire event

There are certainly staff members at the JW who also deserve a nomination, but I'm embarrassed to say I did not get any specific names of the bartenders, servers, and other folks who did a wonderful job during the weekend. Hopefully others who were there might remember names and nominate those who worked hard so we could enjoy ourselves.

In any case, Nathalie certainly went far above and beyond her normal responsibilities in helping put together a fabulous event. She has already received our thanks. Now she deserves a little something from the Marriott brass. I think I speak on behalf of everyone who attended when I say, "Job excellently done!"

Outcomes