seatexan

SPG - American Express Credit Card Offer

Discussion created by seatexan on Sep 29, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 26, 2016 by rle

Anyone else just get a SPG American Express CC offer?

I have had a SPG acct for a while, tho I have never made a single stay at a SPG property. Or had an offer like this.

So this is what it says:

For a Limited Time, Earn Two Free Nights. Offer Ends October 19, 2016.

Apply for the Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express, and once approved, you'll earn 2 free nights at participating SPG® Category 1–5 hotels & resorts worldwide after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.1 Note: A select few resorts require additional fees. 

Apply by October 19, 2016, and upon approval, you'll enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 per year.

With the 80k offer, I had to pay the 95, no big deal. So Oct 2017 say people pay the fee... then Marriott cancels the card... ew... wonder if people are prorated? LOL

It is similar to our card, but they get 2 nights, no points. We get 1 night and as of now, 80,000 points.  Of course they have 1-7 cat properties so a 5 for them isn't too bad.  Some of our 5s are nice (JW Galleria - great deal there!).

Reach elite privileges more quickly. As a Card Member, you'll receive credit for 5 nights and 2 stays each year toward SPG Elite Status. That's just 20 nights from SPG Gold status and 45 nights from Platinum status in a calendar year.

Pay no foreign transaction fees for international purchases. Yeah assuming you can find a place that take American Express.

Free in-room, premium Internet access while staying at hotels and resorts that participate in SPG. Booking requirements apply.

I have never looked into this card, so I don't know if all these things are standard or they are REALLY pushing the card for now. Mr. CC guru, jsucool76 any ideas?

I won't be taking them up on this offer, but they must really be pushing. I am sure applications have gone down due to the merge. 

Outcomes