AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott Rewards BRG

Question asked by darrbee on Sep 20, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2016 by darrbee

This weekend I had to be in Orlando and booked a hotel using the Marriott website under member rates.  The hotel rate was $157.00 per night.  It was about 8:00 p.m..  The next morning I logged in to the Marriott site to verify the reservation and under member rates the price had decreased to $146.00 per night.  After seeing this I submitted a claim (and made a new reservation at the lower rate, as per BRG claim requirements) to Marriotts BRG (best rate guarantee).  They denied the claim saying the following:

Thank you for submitting a claim for Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee. We received a claim from you for the Residence Inn Orlando Airport:

Confirmation number: 90049275

According to the Terms and Conditions of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee, the guarantee does not apply to rates that are not publicly available, such as negotiated corporate or group rates, or discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously-specified criteria, including AAA members, seniors, government employees, or Marriott Rewards members. Our records indicate that you were drawing a comparison to a qualified Marriott Rewards member offer.

For this reason, we must deny your claim under the terms of Marriott's Look No Further(SM) Best Rate Guarantee program.

I tried to explain to them that their member rate page directs you to the following page https://www.marriott.com/online-hotel-booking.mi which clearly states Best Rate All The Time and has as one of the benefits as Best Rate Guarantee along with other benefits.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Or am I reading this wrong?  I can’t find anything in the fine print but it could be hidden way down.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Outcomes