AnsweredAssumed Answered

Where can I use my 25,000 point certificate in the UK?

Question asked by brightlybob on Aug 26, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 18, 2018 by brightlybob

************************************UPDATED FOR POST MERGER************************************

Following on from bejacobs sterling thread Re: Where can I use my category 1-5 certificate in the USA? I noticed it was of course covering only the colonies so decided to fill in the gaping hole left by such a limited thread. Now although those categories don’t exist in current form I’ve decided to continue using this thread to identify those U.K. hotels below 25,000 points where you can use your 25,000 point free night Certificates, which means up to the new category 4.

Because the future of the free Certificates is not really clear yet I’m refraining from a new thread but will hopefully start one next year when the picture becomes clearer.

The good news is under the merger program the number of 25,000 points and lower hotels has increased from 25 to 44 of Marriotts now 95 UK properties, meaning these certificates have become a lot more useful. Not only do they cover accommodations next to Britain’s 4 biggest airports, but now it’s possible to use them in a wide variety of attractive leisure locations such as Portsmouth with its Napoleonic shipyards and fortifications, Liverpool with it’s restored historic dockyards and reinvigorated city centres such as Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol, the medieval University City of Cambridge and the beautiful Swansea Gower - gosh how I love the Gower 

And of course London, not just outside-city Heathrow and Twickenham but 2-minutes walk from the London Stratford central line tube station, Stratford Moxy - a great place to lay your head and just minutes by central line into the London tourist attractions. Smashing! Then there’s those 7 Country Clubs too where lazy, luxurious weekend breaks await.

A couple of years ago we were here asking whether it was time to stop issuing Category 1-4 Certificates. After the merger, the answer is categorically not! Long Live Cat 1-4 Certficates!

CAT...........HOTEL

2........ABZ Moxy

2........ABZ Courtyard

3........Aberdeen Marriott

3........Aberdeen Residence Inn

3........Cheshunt Marriott

3........GLA Courtyard

3........Glasgow Moxy

3........Huntingdon Marriott

3........Leicester Marriott

3........Liverpool Aloft

3........LHR Moxy

3........LGW Courtyard

3........Peterborough Marriott

3........Preston Marriott

3........Swindon Marriott

4........BexleyHeath Marriott

4........Birmingham AC

4........Birmingham Forest of Arden Marriott Country Club

4........Bristol Marriott

4........Cambridge University Arms Autograph

4........Chepstow St Pierre Marriott Country Club

4........Derby Breadsall Priory Marriott Country Club

4........Durham Marriott

4........Glasgow Marriott

4........Hanbury Manor Marriott Country Club

4........Leeds Marriott

4........Lingfield Park Marriott Country Club

4........Liverpool Marriott

4........LHR Moxy

4........LHR Renaissance

4........LHR Sheraton

4........LHR/Windsor Marriott

4........London Exel Aloft

4........London Exel Moxy

4........London Stratford Moxy

4........London Twickenham Marriott

4........Maidstone Tudor Park Marriott Country Club

4........MAN Marriott

4........Manchester Salford Quays AC

4........Manchester Worsley Park Marriott Country Club

4........Newcastle Gateshead Metro Centre Marriott

4........Northampton Marriott

4........Portsmouth Marriott

4........Swansea Marriott

4........Waltham Abbey Marriott

A list of all the 25,000 point properties in the USA needs doing - your job, bejacob

Outcomes