It appears the Ritz Carlton Rewards Credit Card from JPM/Chase is getting reworked a bit.
It will now be a Visa Infinite card, with a $450 Annual Fee. Current cardholders will be grandfathered in at the old price price ($395), however, will still receive all the new benefits.
Rundown of benefits and rewards:
- 5x on marriott and ritz properties
- 2x on travel and restaurants
- p1x on everything else
- 10% bonus
- Global Entry/ TSA Precheck credit
- Appears to be separate from the $300 credit now
- $300 Annual Travel credit ( airline credit, for seat upgrades and blah blah, just like now)
- $100 airline credit, when you book a qualifying itinerary for 2-5 travelers, as many times as you want a year.
- Check http://visadiscountair.com/ritzcarltoncard (Already working, able to purchase tickets now)
- Only 1 credit of $100 per itinerary, regardless of # of travelers. (Must be at least 2 travelers, no more than 5 on one itinerary)
- $100 hotel credit (same as before)
- Priority Pass
- Gold elite status free for the first year, maintained with 10k spend
- Plat status with 75k spend
JPM Has already started upgrading account holders. I was told my card was upgraded last week, however, new cards won't be shipped out until the expiration date. Waiting for an answer on whether all benefits apply, or what dates new ones start applying on. Was able to search for flights on the visadiscountair site already, so it looks like it's in the works.
If you were on the fence about this card, you're still able to apply with the $395 annual fee, however, the new $450 fee has an offer of three free nights at tier 1-4 for 5k spend.