vaboywnder

Cash + Points Rewards--Any Success?

Discussion created by vaboywnder on Aug 4, 2016
Latest reply on Aug 22, 2016 by lobsterdevil

When Marriott Rewards announced the new Cash + Points Rewards I was very excited.  Some other hotel chains have had this feature for a while.

cashplusrewards.JPG

The concept is great but the problem I have experienced is there has been very few properties that are participating in the Cash + Points Rewards option.  I was hoping that all Marriott properties would be participating like they do for full night reward redemptions.

This week I finally found one property where the Cash + Points Rewards worked out for me.  I needed to book two rooms at a hotel for a weekday night in Northern Virginia.  On the weekends its very easy to find deals in the Northern Virginia area but on weekdays the rates are significantly higher.  I found the Fairview Park Marriott in Falls Church (Cat 4) offered the Cash + Points rewards which is a and one of my favorite properties in the area. The regular rate for that night would have been $224 a night (before taxes) but I was able to book each room for $60 a night plus 11,0000 points.  Definitely a good redemption value. 

I'm curious if other Insiders have have had good luck with Cash + Points Rewards?

Outcomes