tnicoll

Pay for upgrades as a Platinum Elite

Discussion created by tnicoll on Jun 10, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 by scott.heitmann

I usually don't get on here and co-mingle with other individuals about their travel plans.  Maybe I should?  I am asking today if Platinum members have ran into suite upgrade issues related to their room rate?  I have stayed at Residence Inns these past 3 months (all different locations) and have ran into a similar issue.  I typically book hotel rooms far in advance and at a pretty good rate.  Most of the time it is a one bedroom suite.  There are occasions that I will take my family (3 additional people) on the road with me and would like an upgrade to the 2 bedroom suite.  On every occasion that I have asked for an upgrade, I have been rejected due to my "low rate."  On all occasions that I brought my family along with me, I had to pay an extra $25 to $50 more a night for the upgrade. As a Platinum Premier member I always assumed upgrades to the next best room was complimentary?  Is anyone else experiencing this? 

Now, I would like to say this is only happening at Residence Inns (west coast).  I have not ran into many issues related to upgrades at the other brands. 

Thanks,

T.

Outcomes