vojimen

Nominating Darnell at the Renaissance in Portsmouth

Discussion created by vojimen on May 29, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 by laurac

I stayed at the Renaissance Portsmouth Waterfront Hotel in February 2016.  I ran into some issues during that visit and sent a message via Marriott which was routed to the hotel.  I was contacted by Darnell S, Front Office Manager.  He advised me they were addressing my concern, and offered points due to the issues I ran into.

I was returning to the area in April and told Darnell that I was planning to return and was considering staying at the Renaissance again.  Although it was a business trip, my wife joined me this time (due to our anniversary happening during the week I was there).  Darnell was able to offer a few things, including champagne and a fruit/cheese tray which were very nice touches.

I was glad that I gave the hotel another chance, everything was great.  I was actually impressed that every single employee I ran into was helpful and courteous.  Overall it was a great experience that not only reflect on the hotel staff itself, but Marriott as a whole.  Everyone wants a perfect stay, but I understand things happen - the fact Darnell was willing to address my concerns from my first visit and ensure my second visit went well is the type of experience that I appreciate from Marriott.

Outcomes