AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott credit card offers Gold status but I have questions

Question asked by 76trombones on Apr 3, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 3, 2016 by clebert

I am applying for the 80k points plus Gold Status Chase credit card which also grants gold status after spending $3k in first 3 months etc. I can complete those requirements almost immediately.

Do I have to wait a full 6-8 weeks before enjoying Gold status when I travel? I am going to be on the road for the next couple of months at some nice Marriott properties (thru May) and could really use the little extras. Any suggestions?

I have Lifetime nights 427 and Points 663,574 almost there and then the rules changed!! ARHG.

I missed gold by a hair in 2015 so I am currently Silver with 520,574 points and 22 NIGHTS this year.

BUT I know this is an unrelated question but why does my account say I have 22 nights this year and lists only just 3 stays totaling 7 nights. Even those plus upcoming reservations only total 18.

Am I missing something?

I have Diamond status at Hilton but seem to be moving more towards Marriott and I just don't seem to have the time to figure out how to maximize all the various offers from travel partners etc..

Enjoying this site. Glad to have found you all!

Outcomes