See the link to the news. I just saw this today while poking around on the Marriott site.
What you need to know about Marriott Rewards Member Rates:
- These rates offer a discount of at least two percent on weekdays and up to five percent on weekends
- The rate is applied to the hotel's lowest applicable available public rates for non-premium rooms
- The rates must be booked by the Rewards member using the appropriate member rate category
- Rates are available across all hotels and brands in the Marriott portfolio globally, excluding Bulgari Hotels & Resorts and The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, except during special events
- The member rate may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts, and is not valid for existing reservations or groups
I thought there were already these "rates" for members on occasion. I sometimes see a tab with lower rates when I log in. I guess we won't really know until April 11th. I wonder if this is ALL the time and not just some of the time (like when I see Reward Offers, or Member Only Rates SOME of the time).