seatexan

Starting on April 11, we’re introducing Marriott Rewards® Member Rates

Discussion created by seatexan on Mar 17, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2018 by seatexan

See the link to the news.  I just saw this today while poking around on the Marriott site.

Marriott Rewards Member Rates Prove "It Pays to Book Direct" - Marriott News Center

What you need to know about Marriott Rewards Member Rates:

• These rates offer a discount of at least two percent on weekdays and up to five percent on weekends
  • The rate is applied to the hotel's lowest applicable available public rates for non-premium rooms
  • The rates must be booked by the Rewards member using the appropriate member rate category
  • Rates are available across all hotels and brands in the Marriott portfolio globally, excluding Bulgari Hotels & Resorts and The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, except during special events
  • The member rate may not be combined with other select promotions, offers or discounts, and is not valid for existing reservations or groups

I thought there were already these "rates" for members on occasion.  I sometimes see a tab with lower rates when I log in. I guess we won't really know until April 11th.  I wonder if this is ALL the time and not just some of the time (like when I see Reward Offers, or Member Only Rates SOME of the time).

Outcomes