AnsweredAssumed Answered

MileagePlus 25% bonus on redemptions - good idea?

Question asked by clebert on Feb 27, 2016
Latest reply on May 17, 2016 by amwny

I got an email from United today that says:

With RewardsPlus, you always save 20% when converting Marriott Rewards® points into MileagePlus miles, and enjoy 10% more miles with RewardsPlus Travel Packages. And now is the perfect time to use your Marriott Rewards points to plan your Spring and Summer getaways. For a limited time, enjoy a 25% bonus when you convert your Marriott Rewards points into miles - including RewardsPlus travel packages - up to 25,000 miles. Hurry this offer ends March 31, 2016 so register today.

Limited time offer - earn 25% more miles when converting Marriott Rewards points to miles

With RewardsPlus, you always save 20% when converting Marriott Rewards® points into MileagePlus miles, and enjoy 10% more miles with RewardsPlus Travel Packages. And now is the perfect time to use your Marriott Rewards points to plan your Spring and Summer getaways. For a limited time, enjoy a 25% bonus when you convert your Marriott Rewards points into miles - including RewardsPlus travel packages - up to 25,000 miles. Hurry this offer ends March 31, 2016 so register today.

Is this a good deal?  We don't need the 5 or 7 night hotel packages so much as we need airline miles for upgrades on planned Asia-Pacific flights, unless we can use the hotel points in June 2017.  If I redeem for a vacation package in March, does my travel date need to be within a year?

We really need airline miles more than hotel points so I'm not worried about reducing the amount or MR points I've got stored up (I've been hoarding them for years and rarely burn any), but I don't want to do a redemption that is not a good value.

Outcomes