razorbackfan

"Spirit to Serve with Aloha"

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Feb 23, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 by razorbackfan

I am nominating Taylor L., a Guest Service Agent at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa, for a Spirit to Serve Award.  We were fortunate that Taylor checked us in because she provided the best check-in experience we have ever received.  Taylor thanked us for our loyalty to Marriott and made sure we were upgraded to an ocean view room on a high floor. She gave us a card that explained what the $30 Activity Package (resort fee) included and explained where breakfast was temporarily located and suggested that we take advantage of the 25% food discount at the Kuhio Beach Grill or Moana Terrace.  We were also given coupons for beverages at Seattle's Best which has 2 locations on the hotel property.  Taylor also pointed out a couple of the cultural classes which I might enjoy. She also made sure we knew we could extend our stay until 6 pm on the day we checked out for a nominal fee.  When our check-in was completed, she spent time with us asking questions about our whale watching on Maui and was delighted during a later visit when I told her about all the whales we had seen when spending time on our balcony.  Taylor left a sweet note for us under our door complete with a whale tail drawing.  She offered her further help if there was anything we needed.  I was delighted when she kept me supplied with chocolate covered macadamia nuts.  Every time she saw us (and was not busy) she would come from behind the desk to greet us and ask about our stay.  The hotel world would be a better place if Taylor's customer service could be duplicated during all check-ins.

Outcomes