elitestatusdisappointment

Elite Status Challenge Disappointment and Lack of Customer Service

Discussion created by elitestatusdisappointment on Feb 15, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 by carat

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

The specified item was not found.

Hi all,

I recently joined the Marriott Rewards and have been a Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, and SPG Platinum member.  I travel every week and over 80% of my time.  I thought it would be a good idea to join the Marriott community and found out about status matches from my colleagues.  When I called the services line, I was offered a silver challenge and told that I could call back to get the Gold or Platinum after I complete my silver challenge.

After the first week, I was able to complete my silver challenge and called the service line to sign up for the Gold or Platinum, and I was informed that i was not able to even through it was their fault for telling me I could do so anyways.  I have 26 standing reservations with them right now.  I am disappointment at their customer services and lack to backup their word.

I will be going back to my other hotel chains where I will be valued as a customer and not misled.

Outcomes