bejacob

Insiders Gathering in Houston - Just the Facts

Discussion created by bejacob on Feb 8, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 by tryt53

There have been a handful of posts related to the Insider Gathering scheduled for September 16-17, 2016 in Houston. Forgive me for adding another. This one may not be as flashy or as interesting as some of the previous ones. It serves simply to provide details without any opinions or embellishment.

What: Meeting of a number of regular contributors to the Marriott Rewards Insiders forum.

One does not need to be a long-time member of this community to attend. We made an open announcement on MRI and everyone is welcome to join us.

Where: The JW Marriott Galleria in Houston.

5150 Westheimer Road, Houston, TX 77056.

Don't mistake it for the JW in downtown Houston.

JW Houston Downtown

806 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002

This is a change from the JW Marriott Houston Galleria

Staying at the JW is not necessary. There are other nearby Marriott properties which some may choose to visit.

Please see Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Hotel Change for Sept 16-17, 2016 Insider Gathering (TIPPLE) for more details/

When: September 16 & 17, 2016

There are no scheduled events, however we intend to meet both Friday and Saturday evening. Some may wish to participate only one of the two nights. Others might want to arrive earlier or leave later. Time and place of each evening's gathering will be announced in the coming months.

This meetup happens to coincide with what is normally the beginning of the Fall MegaBonus. Whether that occurs this year, we don't know yet, but this would be good way to get a jump on earning nights and stays should it begin September 15 like in years past.

We've added a cocktail reception hosted by Marriott on Saturday from 7-9pm

Who: Any Insider who wants to join.

Why: brightlybob is visiting from the U.K. and he and I thought it made a perfect excuse to get a bunch of us together.

Brightlybob is keeping an updated list of people who have indicated they plan to attend (and a second list of folks undecided as to whether or not they will be there). He's only keeping track to give us a general idea of numbers. Being on either list does not commit anyone to attend. It just helps us let the property know what to expect.

Even without extensive planning of events, getting to this point was not easy. Please don't ask us to change the date. Don't suggest alternative cities. Don't ask to add specific activities to the weekend. We're not going to accommodate. That said, if individuals wish to get together outside the parameters of the Insider Meetup, that's great.

At this point, we're not looking beyond this gathering. There are no plans to do something like this again. That doesn't mean such plans will not be made, it just means we're not thinking about it now. So please don't go suggesting places where we could do this in the future (at least not yet). Let's focus on making this one successful.

As seasoned Marriott travelers, I'm sure many of you have already begun making plans for the trip. I know I have. I look forward to seeing you there.

Brian (aka bejacob)

Message was edited by: bejacob

Message was edited by: bejacob to note the change in venue

Outcomes