AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card point transfers

Question asked by lesyoung on Jan 22, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2016 by lesyoung

This is my first post.  I've tried using search to find the answers, but that didn't help.

I recently signed up for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card.  I spent the $3,000 to receive the 70,000 bonus points. So now I have over 80,000 on my account.

I own a business and I'm currently using the Starwood Amex for my purchases.  I make a lot of purchases through Costco bur unfortunatley they will be changing from Amex to Visa at the end of April.  So now I need a new card for those purchases. 

Here's the question...

1) If I get the Marriott Premier Business (MPB) for my work and spend the $3000 will I get the 70,000 bonus points?

2) Am I able to transfer points between my two cards?

3) If my wife gets a Marriott card will I be able to transfer unlimited points to her?

4) Since I will be getting over a couple a million points a year, will I qualify for Platinum?  My understanding is I get one elite night credit for every $3,000 spent. Is that correct?  And to make Platinum I need 75 points a year?  Would I then qualify for lifetime Platinum once I have 750 points?

5) Can I use my points to send my associates on an overnight stay? And if I send someone somewhere overnight, are they treated as a Platinum member since my business would be,_staysElite_night_

Thank you in advance for helping me with these questions.

Outcomes