This is my first post. I've tried using search to find the answers, but that didn't help.
I recently signed up for the Marriott Rewards Visa Signature card. I spent the $3,000 to receive the 70,000 bonus points. So now I have over 80,000 on my account.
I own a business and I'm currently using the Starwood Amex for my purchases. I make a lot of purchases through Costco bur unfortunatley they will be changing from Amex to Visa at the end of April. So now I need a new card for those purchases.
Here's the question...
1) If I get the Marriott Premier Business (MPB) for my work and spend the $3000 will I get the 70,000 bonus points?
2) Am I able to transfer points between my two cards?
3) If my wife gets a Marriott card will I be able to transfer unlimited points to her?
4) Since I will be getting over a couple a million points a year, will I qualify for Platinum? My understanding is I get one elite night credit for every $3,000 spent. Is that correct? And to make Platinum I need 75 points a year? Would I then qualify for lifetime Platinum once I have 750 points?
5) Can I use my points to send my associates on an overnight stay? And if I send someone somewhere overnight, are they treated as a Platinum member since my business would be,_staysElite_night_
Thank you in advance for helping me with these questions.