I frequently travel for work and have achieved gold-level status with right under 50K points. I decided to join forces with my man-friend (domestic partners is what I suppose we're supposed to call ourselves) who recently got the Marriott card and added me as an additional cardholder so we could work toward the same goal together on a single account. Here's the problem:
- He provided my member# at the time he opened the account, but when it came in the mail they had opened an account under his name which was tied to his awesome benefits.
- I know I can transfer my points for free (I believe), but I don't want to start from silver status again.
How do you all recommend I go forward?
- Transfer my points & request Gold status from Marriott on his new account?
- Transfer my points & take a Gold Challenge?
- Is it even possible for me to tie his Marriott card to my account (and transfer all the goods with it?)
- Any other options that are better than what I've come up with so far?
Thanks in advance for your advice!