AnsweredAssumed Answered

What does GTD mean?

Question asked by tmak75 on Oct 21, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 by iahflyr

Good evening fellow Marriott Rewards Insiders.  Be gentle, this is my first question.

I received a message from a Marriott I'm staying at in Bloomington, IL this weekend with this info.

Thank you again for choosing the Bloomington/Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center as your host for this upcoming weekend!

Due to several events being hosted in the Bloomington/Normal area this weekend, the need for rooms with two beds has been higher than usual. Shortly after you made your reservations, you would have received communication from Marriott regarding your accommodations.

If you review your confirmation notification, you will find specific details about your bed type needs.

• If your notification states “GTD 2 Double Beds”, you will receive a guest room with those accommodations.
  • If your notification states “2 Double Beds Req Not GTD”, we will provide rooms with double bed accommodations based on availability when you arrive at the hotel.

The hotel has the ability to provide a complimentary rollaway bed, or inflatable air mattress, for the reservations we are unable to fulfill the requested two double beds.

I'm traveling with my brother a good distance to see the Badger/Illini game in Champaign and not having two actual beds won't work out too well.  My reservation does not contain either of the specifics listed above.  Has anyone experienced this? 

Outcomes