jakeal

Sandra - Renaissance Allentown - Spirit to Serve

Discussion created by jakeal on Oct 7, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2015 by laurac

I am nominating Sandra, breakfast attendant in the R Lounge at the Renaissance Allentown for the "Spirit to Serve" award.  Sandra is the epitome of "Spirit to Serve" - she immediately greets guests upon them entering the lounge and asks if she can get a juice or something to drink.  We had somewhere to be in the early morning so we did not get back to the lounge until 30 minutes before breakfast service ended.  I casually asked Sandra if the bacon was going to be replenished and without hesitation she stated she would call down for more.  She overheard my wife mention a bagel and offered to have one brought up.  Sandra was attentive in asking if she could remove dishes and asking if there was anything else she could bring. It was evident Sandra took immense pride in her job and wanted each guest to feel at home.  I watched as Sandra got to know guests and was impressed upon leaving when she asked if she would see us the next morning.  Marriott would be well served to have concierge lounge staff like Sandra at all its properties.  The Renaissance Allentown is lucky to have someone as special as Sandra.

katiec, carat, joshm, communitymanagers, melissaerb

Outcomes