bejacob

Outstanding service - Waikiki Beach Marriott

Discussion created by bejacob on Sep 4, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2015 by kharada46

Alyssa T. at the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort and Spa has the Spirit to Serve and is deserving on recognition. Aside from her pleasant demeanor, she demonstrated a desire to provide customer service above and beyond the norm.

Marriott Rewards Elite members are entitle to one free breakfast per day (there is no CL at this property) as part of the benefits tied to the resort fee. On our first morning here, we did not take advantage of this and I asked if we might be able to have two breakfasts the following day (two of us were staying at the hotel).Normally guests are limited to one free breakfast each day, but Alyssa agreed to provide an additional voucher for another breakfast in light of the fact that we had not used the first one. She also provided a couple additional Mai tai coupons (above the two per stay that are included with the resort fee) and gave me a couple complimentary chocolates (a nice touch).

Simply put, I made what I considered a minor request and Alyssa not only was able to accommodate what I wanted but added a few extras to, as she put it, "value our Platinum Elite guests." Those small touches made me feel that Alyssa, and by association Marriott, truly cared about keeping my loyalty.

Marriott needs more associates like Alyssa. I hope her example is recognized with a "Spirit to Serve" award. She deserves it.

Outcomes