razorbackfan

Spirit to Serve nomination

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Aug 8, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2015 by guidedog613

I would like to nominate Olivia, a front desk agent at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, for a Spirit to Serve award.  Olivia helped us when we needed to change rooms because our original room was the 2nd tiniest room we have ever had a Marriott property.  It was uncomfortable for 1 night, so since we were staying for 5 nights I requested a room change.  In our discussion, I mentioned in passing that it was our anniversary. When we returned to the hotel, we picked up our new key from Olivia, and went to our new room.  It was easily 3X as big as our original room and was a corner room with wrap around windows!  We hadn't been in the room long when we received a call that room service was delivering something to our room.  Olivia had sent us champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a sweet note wishing us a Happy Anniversary.  That was a first for us and it really meant a lot to me that she was so thoughtful.  As we would come and go when she was on duty, she always wanted to know what we had done and was there anything that she could do to make our stay better.  Olivia was always courteous and professional, but with an added warmth that is not always seen.  Thank you, Olivia.

Outcomes