40minuteholdtime

Been on hold with customer service for 41 minutes

Discussion created by 40minuteholdtime on Jun 19, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2015 by carij

I have been a Rewards member for almost 15 years. Platinum for many years, but have not had to deal with customer service very much.

I called the Platinum line earlier this week to book a rate in Cancun and was told the rate included a fourth night free and 25% off resort restaurant meals. When I read the confirmation today, the rate rules were completely different than what I was told was being booked.

I called back and was switched to customer service, where the first person who picked up basically refused to help me and all but told me he did not believe that the person who booked me would have mislead me on the rate. He said he would have to speak to the hotel, but my issue is that Marriott booked the rate, not the resort, the resort is in no position to want to help me. I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager and have now been on hold for 25 minutes.

I feel like I have been mislead and mistreated. I have now been on the phone for 50 minutes. If Marriott will stand by their employees

Outcomes