misterchk

A PLATINUM PREMEIRE LOST IN MARRIOTT'S BUREAUCRACY

Discussion created by misterchk on Jun 7, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 25, 2015 by 702rugbyref

Our friends that program the computers at Marriott Rewards are "right on when with  events".

June 7th being my birthday I received an email from Marriott with a gift.  Said gift was a credit of one elite night to help me without even getting out of bed to move on to the next level.

That's a pretty good gift to most - but I'm in a different situation.  The Marriott "machine" would have made me very happy by simply "wishing me  a happy birthday"!!!!  But NO they had to award me a meaningless "credit of one night toward my next level".

HERE LIES THE PROBLEM - if they do not create a higher lever I have NO PLACE TO GO!!!  I am currently (and hopefully forever) a Lifetime Platinim Elite!!  In addition to that  "lable" PLATINUM PREMIER was added a few montha ago.

Consequently a simple card would have sufficed.  If a gift was necessary a certificate to a stay someplace would have been appreciated and a nice jester.

I will continue being a loyal Marriott guest as the points ad up very fast for me and they are somewhat flexible.  BUT YOU GUYS AT MARRIOTT, YOU HAVE A MEMBER HERE THE IS A LIFETIME PLATIUMUM, CHOSE HIM TO BE PLAT PREMIER - A MEMBER THAT IN THE LAST 7 DAYS WAS "PAYING OVERNIGHT IN MARRIOTT BREANDED PROPERTIES.

AND ALL YOU AWARDED ON MY BIRDAY WAS A "CREDIT".

BOTTOM LINE - THE EMAIL THAT MARRIOTT SENT, AND ASSUMED TO BE APPRECIATED TURNED OUT IN ACTUALITY TO BE A VERY LARGE INSULT TO ME PERSONALLY AND TO ADVISE OTHER MEMBERS OF THEIR INSENSITIVITY,

Anyone else in this situation I would love to hear commnets.

Chuck

Outcomes