Smarter Travel blogs that there are some good and great summer hotel offers:
"Where the airlines have responded sluggishly to the recession, the hotels have launched wave after wave of robust bonus offers, creating the longest period of sustained promotional activity in memory. Among the current offers:
- Through June 14, members of the Best Western Rewards program will earn a $50 Best Western travel voucher after completing two stays. Travelers can also earn up to 500 bonus points when staying two nights during the promotion period.
- Through June 30, Hilton is offering 1,000 bonus points for stays at more than 2,800 participating Hilton, Conrad, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, and Homewood Suites hotels.
- Members of InterContinental's Priority Club Rewards can earn one free night after staying two paid nights at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Express by Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, or Candlewood Suites hotels, up to a maximum of four free nights, through July 3. Alternatively, members can choose to earn double points or miles for the second and subsequent stays at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, and Holiday Inn, and for every stay at Staybridge Suites and Candlewood Suites hotels.
- Marriott Rewards members will earn one free night at a Category 1 through 4 hotel after three qualifying paid stays at Marriott, JW Marriott, Renaissance, Courtyard by Marriott, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites, Fairfield Inn, or TownePlace Suites hotels between June 1 and August 31.
- Omni is offering members of its Select Guest program triple American or United miles for qualifying stays through September 30.
- Between May 15 and September 15, travelers can stay Friday night for free when staying two or more consecutive nights, including a Thursday or Saturday night, at participating Radisson hotels in North, Central, and South America; Asia Pacific; and at Radisson Edwardian Hotels in the U.K. Additionally, between June 1 and August 31, members of the goldpoints plus program will earn 1,000 bonus points per night, including the free Friday night.
- Members of Starwood's Preferred Guest program can earn one free weekend night (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday) after every two Starwood hotel stays between May 1 and July 31."