pingreeman

Emeritus (Lifetime) Status Explained

Discussion created by pingreeman on Mar 18, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 by elysium

Because the "most viewed" post refers to lifetime status questions and since several posts ask about Emeritus status, I thought this explanation and post worthwhile: A copy/paste of an e-mail from elite.member@marriott.com (I inquired how close I was to making Platinum Emeritus and go this reply): We have an Emeritus (Lifetime) status that offers Elite levels after certain criteria have been met. Emeritus Platinum status is offered after the following qualifications are met: • 12 years of membership with Marriott Rewards • One year as a Platinum Elite member. • 1,000 total qualifying nights. • 3,000,000 total points earned. Emeritus Gold status is offered after the following qualifications are met: • 12 years of membership with Marriott Rewards • One year as a Gold Elite member. • 800 total qualifying nights. • 2,000,000 total points earned. Emeritus Silver status is offered after the following qualifications are met: • 12 years of membership with Marriott Rewards • One year as a Silver Elite member. • 600 total qualifying nights. • 1,500,000 total points earned. There is no way to request an Emeritus status unless all qualifications have been met.

Outcomes