mybnj

Signed up for Ritz CC but they would not honor the club upgrade benefit

Discussion created by mybnj on Jan 25, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2015 by jsucool76

Based on the discussions here, I signed up for the Chase Ritz Carlton CC for the 140K points 3 weeks ago.   Also included in the benefits were 3 certificates to upgrade a 7 day stay at any Ritz to club level.   The 3 certificates appeared on my marriott account 2 weeks ago.    This upcoming week I am staying at the RC in Mclean, VA.  I booked the hotel through my corporate travel agent, as required for work.  We get preferred rates due to the volume of travel we do with Marriott properties.   I called RC to use the certificate and they said in order to honor the certificate, they would need to adjust my reservation to the pay the rack rate of $425 per night, vs the corporate rate of $279.   First off, my company negotiates these rate due to tremendous volume we give marriott.  I earned the certificates in good faith through a credit card offer partnering with RC.   I sure hope that Chase is giving full transparency into their offer by noting some benefits only good when you pay the standard rack rate.  I have never experienced this before with an upgrade.

Outcomes