profchiara

Journey back to Egypt - Luxor & Abydos

Discussion created by profchiara on Jan 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 by profchiara
Branched from an earlier discussion

Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you all I made it without a hitch to Luxor (though the whole trip took about 28 hours and I got to the Hilton at 11pm last night then was off for the valley of the kings, valley of the queens and valley of the artisans who built the tombs today.  It was all amazing and I'm so glad I decided to do it now because my knees are not holding out well at all, in addition to my hips and hands.

But here's the kicker -- it is absolutely freezing in Luxor (I'm not joking) with a horrible wind chill.  I have been wearing my Maine winter coat and gloves along with conservative Middle East clothing that covers a lot and I'm still cold -- and I am never cold!  Glad I didn't bring my bathing suit!

Tomorrow I'm off to Abydos two and a half hours away on the West Bank of the Nile and the tomb of Seti I (over 4000 years old).  If I freeze solid there I  can become part of their temples...

I hope the situation in Paris resolves soon, for its own sake and because I'm supposed to be flying Air France home through Paris Tuesday.

Cheers from wintry Egypt.  I heard that Syria actually got snow yesterday.

ProfChiara

Outcomes