bejacob

Hawaiian Itinerary set (HNL-KOA-OGG)

Discussion created by bejacob on Jan 17, 2015
Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 by bejacob

After months of dreaming about it and a few weeks considering options, my Hawaiian trip is now booked. I appreciate all  the suggestions from my earlier post Re: Honolulu, plus either Kauai or the Big Island. If it weren't for that, Maui would not be on the agenda.

Now comes the fun part. Putting together a list of all the things to do. Having been to both Oahu and the Big Island before, I have at least some idea of what to see. Maui, I can just go on what I've read or heard from others (kharada46's photographs and blogs are a big help).

On the Big Island I picked the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, which is now (or will be soon) an Autograph property. Based on Insider feedback, I'll be at the Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers (it does say I have an Oceanfront room, so I'll see that that means ).

I'll be reading kharada46's blog for inspiration and suggestions of things to do.

Here's my short list (so far)

Climb Diamond Head (again)

Visit Volcanoes National Park (again)

Stargazing atop Mauna Kea

Snorkel in Kealakekua Bay and at Molokini

Surf lesson (again)

Mail postcards from Honolulu, Hilo, and Wailuku (for my county seat collection).

I've already been to the memorial at Pearl Harbor, so I probably won't visit again this time. There are a number other things I'm considering (Haleakala, Road to Hana, luau, just to name a few).

I'm interested in Insider's opinions of the Marriott properties I'll be visiting.

I also welcome suggestions of things I shouldn't miss.

Outcomes