AnsweredAssumed Answered

Londonbound AGAIN - Regents Park or Maida Vale?

Question asked by londonbound2014 on Jan 6, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 25, 2015 by zukracer

Note:  if you don't want to do a lot of reading, you can just go to the last line of my post...:-)

This will be my third leisure trip to London in less than a year and I couldn't be happier that I'm going back.  Last year, I told my 21 year old niece that we could go anywhere in the world she wanted and she chose London...so we went.  I found out that I could make that Oakland Raiders game in London after all, asked my sis if she wanted to go and she said yes...so we went.  The great thing about those trips was that I had enough points to stay at Level 9 properties both times!  The first trip, I stayed at County Hall and it was amazing!  Teddy is wonderful!  The second trip, I stayed at Park Lane and it was awful. Horrible service, crappy room, did I mention horrible service?  I was determined to be finished with Marriott simply because I could not believe how unpleasant my experience at Park Lane was...but I went to see Teddy at County Hall just to say hi and also got to meet jerrycoin there and thought maybe Marriott could be redeemed in my opinion..plus I have platinum status through the end of this year.

So now, I've got my another 21 year old niece wanting to go to London. Out of all the places in the world, she wants to go to London...most likely because her sis and mom went and she doesn't want to be left out.  This time I don't have so many points (new employer not a big Marriott fan) so I may have to pay cash.  I'd like to stay close to Central London, but I'm open to other locations as long as there's an executive lounge and I have great chance at an upgrade. Right now I'm looking at Regents Park and Maida Vale.  I wish I could afford to stay in the Central London area because I kind of like the option of being able to walk back to my hotel if I'm out late in Central London, which I had to do a few times last year!

So...any advice on Regents Park or Maida Vale or other London Marriotts on a "budget"?  I'm heading there the first week of April for 6 days.

Outcomes