AnsweredAssumed Answered

One Night Away Silver Elite - Bad CS

Question asked by billabongi on Dec 31, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2014 by billabongi

I'm posting this as in the hopes someone here can help me with an escalation path.

I had a recent trip in December where the last night we stayed would be on points. I was unsure if I would get credit for the night when using points, so I specifically asked at the front desk at check in if I would receive a nights credit for staying on points and was told yes. I even explained that I would pay for the night as I was only 1 night away from Silver Elite and was told I did not need too. Come to find out that is not true and you don't receive a nights credit when staying on points. Being that I specifically asked about this, I reached out to Marriott Customer Service and unfortunately received some of the worst CS that I have ever experienced. I ended up being scolded for not knowing about this ahead of time and all blame was completely placed on me, glossing over the incorrect information given to me by a Marriott employee.

I would really like to escalate this as its no longer about the silver elite status or the 1 night and it's turned into making sure this person receives training or verifying if this is a pattern. I would say it's bad CS when I go from being a happy Marriott customer to a very upset customer on the account of "Customer service."

If anybody here knows of an escalation path for me, please let me know.

Thanks for your time,

James

Outcomes