travelalot2014

Marriott Certificates

Discussion created by travelalot2014 on Dec 23, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 24, 2014 by katiec

I have been trying to use two of my certificates earned through my credit card and through a bonus, which are categories 1-5. First, since Marriott changed many of the categories in April of this year, many 5's going to 6's, it is increasingly hard to use these certificates. In NC, there are very few options, and very few in cities. In most cases (including Raleigh, NC, Asheville, NC, Charlottesville, VA)- a category 6 (which used to be a 5) was available for a lower price then the category 5, and Marriott would not honor the certificate at the category 6 hotel. I feel that Marriott needs to revisit their certificate policies. As it is, with the difficultly in using the certificates, I don't believe it will be advantageous for me to renew my credit card in July. Marriott has been very kind so far to extend my certificates another 6 months due to the recent difficulty, although I am sure this is a one time option. When asked how to register a complaint, I was told to post on Bill Marriott and Arne Sorenson's blog and at Marriott Customer Service. IF you are having the same issues, please post. Also try Facebook as well. I am being told if they receive enough complaints, they will consider revisiting the policy. Thanks....

Outcomes