AnsweredAssumed Answered

What can be done about night and point credits when booking through expedia?

Question asked by country on Dec 15, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 17, 2014 by jsucool76

My company has forced me to book through Egencia (expedia company) and now it seems there is no way to get points or even night credits. When checking the rates by booking through Egencia and booking with Marriott like I used to do, the rates are the same. With the same nightly rate, it doesn't make sense that there would be no points attached. I would hope we could at least get credit for the night stay, even if there were no points.

Has anyone else dealt with this? It's very frustrating to look ahead and realize my Platinum status won't be maintained. The experience of staying at the Marriott properties is not the same as when I could check in as a Platinum member.

I love the Marriott properties and particulay enjoy the Ritz-Carlton, but with absolutely no incentive to book with Marriott I may choose to stay at another chain based on price or location. Up to now, I have made it my practice to always stay at Marriott properties, so I think it would make sense to still allow points for booking business travel. If nothing can be done then Marriott will be losing out on business that they and I have enjoyed for many years........

Outcomes