profchiara

Venice, my recent trip

Discussion created by profchiara on Dec 21, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 25, 2014 by profchiara

In some other subject titles, I talked about my December 2014 trip to Venice, which was inspired by the 2013 trip, when I discovered that it was so wonderful at this time of year.  Few tourists, no lines for great sites, the beautiful city to yourself without all the cruise ship daytrippers and summer vacationers.

It met my expectations again in every way.  I stayed this time at the Londra Palace, probably one of the great hotels of the world in every category (just check out its ratings, where there are none in the 1 or 2 range with about 700-800 total ratings. It also has one of the best restaurants in Venice, where I have dined often in the past, Do Leoni.  The staff of the hotel were phenomenal, even though I had to change everything at the last minute to a day later on each end due to NE weather.  My room was spectacular (though for room itself and in general the view I'll still stick with the Pesaro Palace), and I loved the terrace.  I mentioned my seagulls in a different post and will show a photo of them here.

Don't go to Venice in late October or November (acqua alta); don't go in February unless you are crazy (Carnevale).  If not December, go in March or September or early October. And yes, it remains my favorite city in the world!IMG_3063.jpgIMG_3066.jpgIMG_3088.jpgIMG_3092.jpgIMG_3115.jpgIMG_3117.jpgIMG_3136.jpgIMG_3152.jpg

Outcomes