AnsweredAssumed Answered

Have you ever had to sign a waiver for a hamburger?

Question asked by lakeshore on Dec 6, 2014
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2014 by katiec

Hello Insiders's! It has been quite awhile since I have posted...busy with life and travel, too. Anyway, we just returned from a wonderful trip to Kauai, and at the Marriott Waiohai Beach Club(which was fantastic), we encountered something quite strange at their bar and grill on the beach when my husband and I ordered hamburgers for dinner. I told my family I would post thie above discussion question....

Here's our story :-)...We ordered two hamburgers, medium rare...now, these hamburgers were $16 and $14, so I would expect them to be pretty high quality meat. The waitress informed us that if we ordered them medium or medium rare, we would have to sign a waiver. A waiver!!! We have never had to sign a waiver for a hamburger before, and were a bit flabbergasted. She said it was Marriott policy, which I have never heard of, and seemed very fishy, since we had just come from the Marriott Kauai Beach Club, where they served our sons delicious medium rare burgers, and without having to sign a waiver! I just thought this was extremely strange, especially for a pretty pricey burger. Has anyone else experienced this? We have never had this happen at any other Marriott(actually, at any other restaurant), and it really started out dinner on a strange note...should we trust the chef? Is there something wrong with their meat? Did they have something terrible happen? And, we did end up signing the waiver, but when the burgers arrived,they were medium well. Lol, have to have a sense of humor, after all, it was our vacation! But a waste of money, and they lost our confidence. Never ate their again. Keoki's Paradise and Duke's got the remainder of our business. Having to sign a waiver does not make you feel very good about the competency of the chef or quality of ingredients. Marriott Waiohai, please have confidence in your chefs and ingredients, or lower your prices if the quality of food is an issue.

Insiders, if you have had to sign a waiver for Marriott hamburgers or anything else, please respond. I admit, I have been out of the loop, so perhaps I missed some new policy?

Outcomes