bejacob

How Many Capital Cities Have You Visited?

Discussion created by bejacob on Dec 6, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 by johnnyk60

About a year ago as Insiders were discussing erc's post about the Re: 50 Weirdest Sites to See in the US, some of us got into a brief, side discussion about visiting US State Capitals. That got me thinking (which is never a good thing ). Why it took a year to ask these question is a mystery (iahflyr, I blame it on my "geezer" status which brightlybob bestowed on me when I got my first pair of bifocals this year ).

How many State Capitals have you visited?

And so as not to leave out our international friends, let's also include

How many National Capitals have you visited?

I had dig back into the dusty recesses of my brain to find my totals, but here they are.

State Capitals: 37 (missing AK, FL, LA, ME, MO, MT, NV, NH, NJ, NC, SD, TX, WY), though I plan to visit Baton Rouge in 2015

National Capitals: 13 (in no particular order) Canberra, London, Tokyo, Wellington, Nairobi, Dublin, Beijing, Moscow, Helsinki, Oslo, Stockholm, Copenhagen, and Washington. I can't really count Amsterdam, Papeete, or Cairo since I never left the airport in these countries.

I expect (based on some previous discussions) some impressive numbers from a few folks on the National Capital question.

So how many have you visited?

Outcomes