tommo781

Virtual Concierge

Discussion created by tommo781 on Oct 26, 2014
Latest reply on Nov 3, 2014 by iahflyr

I have seen a number of instances of criticism of the virtual concierge in the past few months.  So I would like to redress the balance by sharing what has happened to me in the past few days.

A couple of months ago I made a reservation for 2 nights at West India Quay, London.  This was a bargain rate, room only, pay in advance.  I booked online, but when I checked about 4 weeks later, I found the booking had been upgraded to a Studio Suite with Executive Lounge access, which amazed me at the price I was paying.  Admittedly I am a Gold Elite, have stayed in a Studio Suite in the past 12 months, and also have a Studio Suite booked for 5 nights in December (using points and paying for an upgrade).  But to be upgraded so far in advance, at the rock bottom rate I got was incredible.  I honestly expected us to have a room overlooking the bins.

Our trip is imminent, and a couple of days ago, I got an EMail from the "virtual concierge".  I asked for my usual extras, a high floor and extra feather pillows, and mentioned that Mrs Tommo has a birthday while we are there.  I got an automated response acknowledging my requests.

But to my surprise, I subsequently got a personal email from the hotel.  I have disguised personal details as anyone can read this forum, but it said:-

"Dear Mr Tommo,

Thank you for choosing the Marriott London West India Quay Hotel and Executive Apartments for your stay commencing on the **** 2014.

Please be advised that your request for high floor and Mrs Tommo's Birthday have been noted and a nice room has been allocated. The Extra Feather Pillows requested will be placed in your room prior arrival.

Mr Tommo, thanks again for contacting us and for choosing the Marriott London West India Quay Hotel & Executive Apartments.

If there is anything else we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team at mhrs.loncw.guest.rel@marriotthotels.com<mailto:mhrs.loncw.guest.rel@marriotthotels.com> / mhrs.loncw.guest.sup@marriotthotels.com<mailto:mhrs.loncw.guest.sup@marriotthotels.com> or +44 2070931000

We wish you in advance an enjoyable stay with us.

Kindest Regards,"

Now, that's impressive folks!!!!!!!!!

Outcomes