AnsweredAssumed Answered

Halloween And History in Philly... Suggestions please

Question asked by brightlybob on Oct 10, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 25, 2014 by brightlybob

Plans with the missus for a long weekend in New York (arriving early-evening, Thursday October 30th and departing Monday afternoon November 3rd) have instead turned into a long weekend with my 17 year old history-nut son in Philadelphia.

I'm not hiring a car so need somewhere central. The Downtown Marriott and the Courtyard there seem to be next door to each other, as does the far-too-expensive RC.

Prices between the Marriott and Courtyard seem similar and whilst the Courtyard seems to have been impressively renovated, the Marriott seems pretty standard fare. Of course as a Plat the Marriott will give lounge access with free drinks/snacks (beer?) for the Thursday and Monday nights and free breakfast on the Friday and Monday mornings, with 2,000 points in lieu of breakfast for Sat and Sun mornings and points on incidental spends. The CY provides, um, no free breakfast, no lounge access, no free drinks/snacks, no points in lieu of anything and no points on incidental spends. So a pretty recognition-free-zone. I think I'm answering my own question here, but even so, are there any views from Insiders about these properties and the Marriott lounge?

Apart from the obvious Liberty Bell, Independence Museum and Betsy Ross house, what other attractions would you recommend in Philly for a history-nut Dad and Lad?

Any authentic American dining places, or dining suggestions generally?

Thanks in anticipation...

Outcomes