AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott Ultimate Reservation Guarantee? Is it true or a Myth?

Question asked by mayankvc on Oct 3, 2014
Latest reply on Apr 24, 2018 by nhtraveler

Hi All,

Marriott Website says about Ultimate Reservation Guarantee as below.

If for some reason we’re unable to honor your reservation, we’ll pay for your accommodations that night at a nearby hotel and compensate you for the inconvenience. To be eligible, you must provide your Marriott Rewards membership number when making a reservation. Compensation varies by hotel brand. [ALL LEVELS]

COMPENSATIONS ARE AS BELOW

https://www.marriott.com/Images/Rewards/EliteBenefits/MR_Elite_charts_UltReservation.gif

48-Hour Guaranteed Availability

Traveling on short notice? We guarantee you’ll always have a room for any paid stay. Just make your reservation 48 hours before arrival at any of our 3,500+ participating hotels, excluding Marriott Vacation Club. [PLATINUM ONLY]

No Blackout Dates

Our no blackout dates policy means you can redeem your rewards for a vacation wherever you want, whenever you want.

I tried to make a reservation today at JW Marriott Marquis, Ritz Carlton in UAE, Goa and Singapore for a particular date. I called Platinum Reservation Line also but they said "Sir, maybe the hotels are sold out. I said what do you mean "sold out"? They explained since hotel is outside the USA. I reminded them that Compensation says in local currency for 200 USD in local currency of hotel + 90000 MR Points for inconvenience JW and 140000 MR Points for Ritz Carlton . Then they transferred the line to higher up. The Lady said she will call the property to check. Finally I got reply that it may take 3 - 5 business days to get a reply to my email.

So really is the Ultimate Reservation Guarantee? Is it true or a Myth?

Waiting for Reply from their side.  Platinum Elite Member

Outcomes