bayareabob

Marriott Concierge Lounge on a Package Tour

Discussion created by bayareabob on Sep 30, 2014
Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 by brightlybob

In January I posted a query concerning whether my wife and I would have access to concierge lounges in full service Marriotts when we traveled as part of a package tour.  I am current and lifetime Platinum with Marriott.  Some responders thought it was a good question as they too were traveling as part of a tour and a Marriott Hotel was part of their package.  The best advice was to let the front desk know on check-in and "see what happens".  We stayed at the Beijing Marriott Hotel City Wall and the Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden in September.  In both instances I was immediately offered a Platinum welcome gift and assured that I would have access to the concierge lounges.  Both were worth the effort.  A quiet place to have a glass of wine or a plate of desert before retiring.  In addition, the Shanghai Renaissance upgraded our room to a suite.  Our room had a spectacular nighttime view of the Bund.  A memorable trip made even more special by the staff at the Beijing and Shanghai Marriotts.

Outcomes