with this thread I want to share my room upgrades that I got from last year till now. Maybe you want to add your experiences.
A room upgrade is defined at following: a room on exec floor, larger room or suite.
In my list an upgrade is not given if the room is on a higher floor or far aways from elevator. This is for me a standard room because it is not more expensive and has the same category.
I won't bring up lounge access because this is not subject to availibility.
I am now platinum therefore gold. In this list there are only FS hotels and Courtyard
- 48 stays
- 0 upgrades to suite or junior suite (0%)
- 1 upgrade to larger room (2%)
- 7 upgrade to Exec floor (without larger room) 15%
That means with every 6th stay I got an upgrade, and every 50th stay to a larger room. Never ever suites
- Marriott Leipzig, Germany: ~10 stays, 3 x upgrade to Exec Floor, 0 Junior Suite or Suite
- Bochum, Germany: 4 stays, 0 upgrades
- Berlin, Germany: 2 stays, 1 x Exec Floor
- Heidelberg, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Stuttgart-Sindelfingen, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Cologne, Germany, 2 stays, 0 upgrade
- Düsseldorf, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Munich, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Munich-Airport, Freising, Germany 4 stays, 1 upgrade to larger guest room
- Hannover, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Wiesbaden, Germany, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Frankfurt, Germany, 3 stays, 1 upgrade to Exec Floor
- Bremen, Germany, 2 stays, 0 upgrades
- Manchester, UK, 2 stays, 0 upgrades,
- Newcastle Marriot Gothfork, 3 stays, 0 upgrades
- Aberdeen Marriott,UK,, 2 stays, 0 upgrades
- Aberdeen Courtyard, UK, 2 stays 0 upgrade
- Praya del Rey Marriott, Portugal, 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Autograph Collection, Chicago, 1 stay, 1 upgrade to Exec Floor
- Marriott Seattle, Redmond (seatttle), 1 stay, 0 upgrade
- Marriott Seattle Waterfront, 1 stay 0 upgrade
- Marriott Seattle Airport, 1 stay, 1 upgrade to Exec floor
- Marriott Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, CA 1 stay, 0 upgrade.