insidenji

Marriott Memorabilia

Discussion created by insidenji on Sep 18, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2014 by insidenji

When I was cleaning out a drawer, I found a couple things from a Courtyard I used to stay at a lot when in New York on business and I thought I’d start a thread about Marriott memorabilia.  My two favorite things from the Courtyard at LaGuardia are seen here.

A small metal container that held breath mints and the best Marriott pen EVER, the plane pen!!  Hey all you Aviation Geeks out there, great looking bird huh?

MM1.JPG

MM2.JPG

MM3.JPG

MM4.JPG

There was a time when some properties had a "Guest of the Day", not sure if they still do but once I was the guest of the day at the LaGuardia Courtyard and scored this cool pen.  I wonder why they don’t have fun little freebies anymore.  Cost I suppose.

Then I started thinking about all the laundry/shoe bags I’ve saved and how different Marriott property logos have changed over the years.  After I showed all of you Soaps Across America in the “What do you collect….” thread, it seemed only fitting for me to display a portion of my bag collection; yep, I’m weird.

MM bags.JPG

Clockwise from top; A shoe bag from a JW Marriott called Le Merigot in Santa Monica (went there to get over a guy I met on a plane, it worked), a shiny silver bag from a Renaissance (at LHR maybe?), Springhill Suites, the current design of a full service Marriott bag (probably from the Crystal Gateway I stayed at last weekend), a vintage Courtyard bag, another design of a Renaissance bag with a fancy scroll, current design of a Courtyard bag, TownPlace Suites, another full service Marriott design of the past, then over to the Sydney Marriott (great hotel although I think it has since closed since I stayed there in 2009, the Concierge Lounge was one of the best), and finally Westfield’s, I added this one because it is so patriotic.  I’ve stayed at many Residence Inns and Fairfield Inns (one of the nicest was in little Lock Haven, PA) but couldn’t seem to find any bags from those properties in my collection.

Does anyone else have any memorabilia to share?

Outcomes